Kids Shirt to Pillow Project

Photobucket
I admit I have a hard time parting with the super cute little shirts my boys grow out of. I had these two shirts that we used in some photos, they of course grew out of them almost before we even did the shots.PhotobucketPhotobucket

I held on the them and couldn't let them go. I decided to make something out of them instead of boxing them up.

I had a couple of plain white pillow covers from Ikea.
Photobucket

After cutting the front off of the shirts I trimmed them into shape and used the back side of the shirts to frame them.
Photobucket

I zig-zagged the front to the back rectangle.
PhotobucketPhotobucket



I straight stitched the whole thing to the pillow leaving a bit of edge to curl up. I didn't want it too perfect.. after all it's for a little boys room.

Here are the pillows all finished. My oldest loves his, his brother...well he is three, so could care less. It' dosn't have "Cars" on it. LOL

PhotobucketPhotobucket

Linking to

1 comments:

  1. Amazing job!! Thanks for sharing these fun crafts.
    Hope to see you on my blog:)

    ReplyDelete